Alejandro A. Palza
Houston, TX 77081, Phone: 713-376-7595 email@example.com
- Professional system administrator and developer with a master’s degree in Business and Marketing.
- 9+ years of experience in website development, content management, web and server administration.
- Expertise in running and maintaining a wide range of CMS applications (WordPress, Joomla, Drupal) and servers: Linux (CentOS, RedHat WS, ES, and AS) and Windows (2008/12 R2) via Bash, SSH, cPanel/WHM and Plesk.
- Experience with VMWare ESXi, vSphere, Kernel-based Virtualization, (Linux KVM), Connectivity Architecture, Cloud design.
- Worked as a consultant liaison between with content creators, designers, overseas developers (Bangalore) and management.
ESG Linux Administrator Aug 2016 – Present
Hardening System Administrator May 2017 – Aug 2017
Contractor for Santander Bank / IBM
NFV Portal Operations and System Administrator Feb 2016 – May 2017
Mphasis / Hewlett Packard Enterprise
- Developed, Deployed, and Maintained the HPENFV Portal Network and HPE Propel applications via VMWare and Kernel-based VM (KVM) virtualization on the NFV Houston Datacenter (vSphere 5.5/6 ESXi)
- Daily administration of Linux (RHEL 7, Centos 7, Ubuntu Server) and Windows (2012 R2) Environments for HPENFV Portal Network and NFV systems.
- Managed NFV partner operations on HPIT Cloud Services Automation portal (CSA), as well as local and remote load balancers (PfSense, CSA F5)
- In charge of account Maintenance, proactive monitoring, capacity management and security management to sustain HPE NFV portal environments.
- In charge of the Portal network cloud migration into CSA Cloud V2. Versed in HPE procedures for Cloud, OSRB and HPIT Security reviews.
- Generated NFV Portal Network architecture diagrams as well as supporting documentation (Matrices, Charts) currently applied in the HPIT Cloud Portal Network using VISIO.
- Bi-Weekly interaction with HPE overseas developers (Bangalore, India) and content creators to ensure timely completion of development cycles.
- Assist in Lab duties helping configure and setup NFV systems.
- Handled and deploy applications and environments on HP DL360, DL380, G8-9, 3Par Storage, including physical server setup and networking.
- Responsible for setting up and redesigning remote access to Cloud and Portal Networks via OpenVPN for users and overseas developers to use.
- Setup multiple NFV environments on HPE servers on the Houston Labs remotely via iLO console and locally, KVM images running on RHEL and Ubuntu, deployed and managed HPE Propel OVAs.
Setup HPE HOS (Helion Open Stack) environments via HPE Cloud Horizon console.
Freelancer / Consulting June 2015 – Jan 2016
Supera Marketing, Houston, TX
• Developed and designed WordPress based CMS websites.
• Provided consulting on upgrade paths in upgrading existing sites to a responsive web design format. (HTML5, CSS)
• Installed and maintained google analytics code to track visitors and click behavior.
• Analyzed analytics results and provided recommendations to improve goal conversion.
Junior WHM Bilingual Administrator May 2013 – June 2015
Host Gator, Houston, TX
• Troubleshoot and diagnose DNS, cPanel, WHM, MySQL, FTP, Compromise, Email IMAP, POP3, SMTP, Apache and server issues.
• Basic support for common website applications, Joomla, Drupal, WordPress, Magento, ZenCart.
• Provided phone, email and chat support on technical and billing related problems.
• Access to billing information, payment processing, invoice modification, domain registration and transfers via Gatorbill and LaunchPad custom software.
• Interpreted and provided support on all tasks for Spanish speaking customers from varied regions.
• Bilingual team leader assisting agents on a daily basis via chat, email and phone.
Freelancer / Consulting Oct 2008 – Sep 2012
DotStyles, Houston, TX
• Developed Joomla based CMS websites.
• Troubleshoot and repair different website applications such as WordPress & Joomla from cPanel.
• Provided basic computer repairs and password recovery services.
• Installed and maintained google analytics code to track visitors and click behavior on sites (Events, goals.)
• Assisted customers with Uptime monitoring, root cause analysis and incident management.
Marketing Specialist and Product Developer Mar 2006 – Oct 2008
Palza Investments LLC, Houston, TX
• Developed and launched “The Lucid Dream Method” a product for Palzasoft, a Palza Investments subdivision.
• Developed the Palzasoft website, and implemented a complete internet marketing campaign (SEO, Google Adwords) to increase product and brand awareness, using Google, Yahoo, and MSN sponsored search.
Graduate Assistant, Academic Affairs Jan 2005 – Dec 2005
Southeastern Louisiana University, Hammond, LA
• Assisted in the redesign of the University’s web site, www.selu.edu, in order to increase enrollment of prospective students and generate a strong and visually appealing presence on the web.
• Team leader of student workers assigned to various tasks in the redesign process.
Web Developer July 2004 – Jan 2005
E-WISE Online, Hammond, LA
• Designed and implemented new website layouts according to each client’s particular and marketing needs.
IT Support / Student worker Aug 2004 – May 2004
LSU Hurricane Center, Baton Rouge, LA
• Provided varied IT support to various inter-departments.
Master of Business Administration (MBA) – Concentration in Marketing.
Southeastern Louisiana University (SLU), Hammond, LA. Aug 2004 – May 2006
Bachelor of Arts in Economics – Minor in Business Administration.
Louisiana State University (LSU), Baton Rouge, LA. Aug 1999 – May 2004
Computer Information Systems, PB IP
University of Houston (UH), Houston, TX. Jan 2012 36 Credits IP.
MBA – CIS EXPERIENCE
Developed and implemented a database system to improve the current Information System (Requirement analysis, component design and implementation) for Rithina-Store a Peruvian collectibles business. Co-founder of Synergistic Data Solutions a company created under UH to improve Indoor Tactical Sports (Houston based airsoft company) information systems.
Conducted a Marketing research study for Nielsen Media Research on incentive values for teens and young adults including conducting focus groups, online surveys and statistical analysis. Research findings were presented to top Nielsen executives at the end of the project.
Business Policy and Advertising:
Developed a marketing communication plan for Guaranty Savings and Homestead Association (GSHA), a Louisiana chartered mutual savings and loan association. Collected and analyzed marketing and financial figures, researched new target markets, and negotiated with diverse media outlets. Developed a SWOT and Five Forces analysis reports on new target markets, opportunities and threats based on the mutual strengths and weaknesses.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Information Systems & Business Analysis:
Requirements Elicitation, Users/Stakeholders Analysis, Data Gathering, Entity Relationships, STROBE, CRUD Matrix, Data Flow, Data Conversion, Prototypes (GUI Design), MySQL & MS Access implementation, Generation of Business Requirement Documentation, Systems Use Cases, Management Reporting.
Marketing and Business Policy:
Market research; Focus Groups, Questionnaire generation, Online and Paper Surveys, Statistical Analysis. Advertising; Marketing communication, Research new target markets, Negotiation with diverse media outlets. Google Analytics, Business Policy; SWOT and Five Forces Analysis.
Fluent in English and Spanish. Intermediate in Italian.
• Member of the MBA Society at SLU and Phi Delta Theta, Louisiana Beta Chapter, technology, golf, economics, Linux, marketing trends and travel.